Friday, November 21, 2008

Another Field Trip

This time I joined a fellow professor on a field trip to a couple of restaurants in the old souque. A former student of his agreed to take the students to a couple or restaurants she designed. They also happen to be her husband's restaurants. She was very nice and took a lot of time with the students. Both restaurants are near completion and will open in two weeks. They were very intrigued to hear how an interior designer works in the real world.


This is a photo of the students with our host in the middle and another adjunct professor behind her. Our host is also expecting a child. Here in Doha most of the work is done on site because the art of reading architectural drawings has not been too well developed. The past few months have been difficult for her to spend so much time on site.

Even though the restaurants are not opened they are fully staffed. We were treated to what I think was Moroccan tea. I didn't drink any of course but I was fascinated by the service.

A shot of the tables outside the restaurant.

One more. I'm getting kind of artsy with the camera angles.

Here is a shot of the restoration going on at the old souque. I believe the timber pieces are original.

3 comments:

Benjamin said...

It's great to see you posting Dad! Keep it up! And I love the photography by the way... some really great shots in there.

Kristy said...

Yeah, I agree, great shots. So, so cool.

Richardson Five said...

What great experiences you guys are having. It is so fun to see as well.