Sunday, November 16, 2008

Wedding

I just wanted to share some images from Ben and Mary's wedding and our trip home.


The happy couple.



Dianna at the wedding dinner.


Abbey before the wedding dinner.



Our heroes, Ed and Ann, Parent's of the bride. Thanks again for everything. We are looking forward to Sunday dinner next summer.


The rock solid family, Jared, Kristy and Thomas. Thanks for being there.



Including Kimball.



This is what happens when Grandpa is allowed to babysit.


It was so good to see everyone else also: Mom and Dad, Grandpa and Grandma Giggey, Grandpa and Grandma Drawe, Marcell, Brook and Rod, Jake (thanks for coming all the way from Chicago) Jan (Abbey was surprised to learn that you are not our blood sister), Mark and Amy, Our dearest friends the Reilleys, Blake (the wedding video rocked) Aunt Kathy, all of the Smith family, our friends from the Bountiful Shadows ward, Joel and Jenny and their children, Esther and so many others. (I don't think I used any full names, I want to be internet safe) We love and miss you all.


Finally I wanted to share one last experience. While waiting in the Amsterdam airport for our flight home we met Lance Corporal Huff of the US Marines. He was on his way home for a two week leave. He is stationed in Iraq. He was making a bitter sweet trip. He was going home for his father's funeral and while there he would see his newborn daughter for the first time. We are so grateful for our troops and we pray for them. He gave me an insignia from his uniform with his rank and name on it and asked us to pray for the troops.


We love our friends and family. Thanks to all of you who wanted to be there and couldn't. We miss you too.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

I wondered who that guy was. What an awesome story.

Richardson Five said...

How fun to see the pics! Thanks for posting them. Again, I have never seen Ben so happy! I am so happy for them.

Jan.lyons said...

Wow, tell Abbey I am shocked, too. I didn't know I wasn't related either. Man, am I always the last to know?

Anonymous said...

Brett,

How fun to check your blog and see so many updates. Loved catching up. You know almost every time I read Dianna's I cry. Well you made me crya as well. Especially about the soldier. You and Dianna are truly such wonderful people! You are so honest, kind, insightful. . . I could go on and on. Thank you for sharing your life and your experiences with me!
What a wonderful family you have!!!

Julie